1 small can of pineapple chunks in juice
1 8-ounce carton of non-fat vanilla yogurt
- Wash apples, remove cores, and chop them into pieces.
- Peel and slice bananas.
- Peel and chop oranges into pieces.
- Drain pineapple in colander. Save juice in small bowl.
- Measure 2 tablespoons of saved pineapple juice and stir into yogurt.
- Mix apples, bananas, oranges, and pineapple together in large bowl. Stir in the yogurt and pineapple juice mixture. Mix well.
- Try different combinations of fresh or canned fruit.
- Substitute lemon yogurt for vanilla yogurt.
Yields about 8 servings
Source: Sisters in Health: A Nutrition Program for Women. Division of Nutritional Sciences, Cornell University and Cornell Cooperative Extension, 1999
Do you want to print a copy of this recipe?