1 cup whole wheat flour
1 cup all-purpose flour
1/3 cup granulated sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 cup low fat (1%) milk
¼ cup canola oil
3 egg whites
1 cup blueberries fresh or frozen, thawed and drained
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder and cinnamon.
- In a small bowl, beat milk, oil and egg whites; stir into dry ingredients just to moisten.
- Fold in blueberries and spoon batter into 12 well-greased or paper-lined muffin cups.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown. Serve immediately.
Yields about 12 servings
Source: Adapted from Eating Smart, Being Active, California EFNEP and Colorado EFNEP
Do you want to print a copy of this recipe?