1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts
3 tablespoons nonfat milk
¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
½ cup dry bread crumbs
½ teaspoon paprika
¼ teaspoon black pepper
½ teaspoon garlic powder
½ teaspoon onion powder
1 tablespoon dried parsley, crumbled
- Cut chicken into 1” cubes. Place pieces in small bowl.
- Pour milk over chicken. Mix lightly with spoon so that all chicken pieces are coated with milk.
- In a plastic bag, shake together the bread crumbs, spices and Parmesan cheese.
- Put half the chicken pieces in the bag. Shake the bag to coat the pieces evenly. Arrange these pieces on a lightly greased baking sheet.
- Coat the second half of the chicken pieces the same way and arrange on the baking sheet. Discard any leftover milk.
- Bake at 425 F for about 12 minutes. (Check with instant read meat thermometer for internal temperature of at least 165 F.)
Yields about 4 servings
Source: Adapted from Kid Favorites Made Healthy: 150 Delicious Recipes Kids Can’t Resist! (Better Homes and Gardens Cookbook) submitted by Cayuga County CCE
Do you want to print a copy of this recipe?