4 ears of corn, cooked (to equal about 2 to 2½ cups corn kernels)
2 large ripe tomatoes
2 medium cucumbers
½ cup lime juice (or white wine vinegar)
½ teaspoon sugar
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon black pepper
1 medium red onion, diced
6 tablespoons parsley
- Cut kernels from corn and place in medium bowl.
- Seed and dice the tomatoes and cucumbers and add to the bowl.
- In a smaller bowl, whisk together lime juice, sugar, oil, salt, and pepper. Stir in red onion and set aside.
- Toss corn, tomatoes, and cucumbers with dressing.
- Season with additional salt and pepper, if desired. Add chopped parsley or cilantro just before serving.
Yields about 8 servings
Source: Vegetable of the Month Club submitted by Cayuga County CCE
Do you want to print a copy of this recipe?