1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
2/3 cup granulated sugar
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/3 cup tub margarine
1 large egg
1 cup mashed ripe banana
1 3/4 cups uncooked oatmeal, quick cooking
3/4 cup raisins
- Preheat oven to 400ºF.
- Mix flour, sugar and baking soda in a large bowl.
- Add softened margarine. Mix with a fork until mixture looks crumbly.
- In a separate bowl, beat egg. Add to the flour mixture and mix well.
- Add the banana, oatmeal and raisins to the rest of the ingredients. Mix well.
- Drop dough from a teaspoon onto a lightly greased baking sheet (about 2 inches apart). Bake for 12 minutes or until browned.Y
Yields about 4 dozen servings
Cornell University Cooperative Extension – New York City Nutrition & Health Programs Recipe Collection, 2006.
Do you want to print a copy of this recipe?