3 potatoes (about 1 pound total)
2 teaspoons vegetable oil
Add your own ideas, too!
• Try different kinds of potatoes.
• Add 1 teaspoon chili powder to the oil.
• Add 1 teaspoon garlic powder to the oil.
• Sprinkle potatoes with grated parmesan cheese before baking.
• Use sweet potatoes and sprinkle with cinnamon..
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Wash and peel potatoes.
- Put potatoes on cutting board. With a sharp knife, cut potatoes in half lengthwise. Place the potato halves flat side down, and cut each into 4 slices; cut again to make thinner strips.
- Place potatoes on a baking sheet.
- Measure oil into a small bowl.
- With pastry brush, lightly coat potatoes with oil.
- Place baking sheet in preheated oven. Bake potatoes 20 minutes, or until browned.
Yields about 48 fries
Source: Cooking Up Fun! Pyramid of Snacks – Cornell University Cooperative Extension