1 cup cornmeal
1 cup flour
2 Tablespoons sugar
½ teaspoon salt
1 Tablespoon baking powder
1 cup non-fat milk
¼ cup canola oil
1 10 oz. package frozen, chopped spinach, thawed and drained
1 cup reduced fat cheddar cheese, shredded
- Heat oven to 425° F. Grease an 8” or 9” square baking pan
- Measure cornmeal, flour, sugar, salt, and baking powder into a bowl. Stir to combine ingredients.
- In another bowl, beat together milk, egg and oil.
- Add milk mixture to flour mixture. Add spinach and cheese. Mix until just blended.
- Pour batter into prepared pan. Bake for 20 – 25 minutes, until firm to the touch.
Yields about 12 servings
Source: Recipe adapted by CUCE-Cayuga County from CDKitchen.com
Do you want to print a copy of this recipe?