1 10.5 ounce package of extra-firm tofu
2 teaspoons vegetable oil
1 clove garlic, minced
2 cups fresh broccoli or spinach, cut up
6 medium carrots, sliced 1/4-inch thick
1 medium green pepper, chopped
3 stalks celery, cut into 1/4 pieces
1 medium onion, chopped
2 cups cabbage, shredded
1 tablespoon light soy sauce, if desired
- Wrap tofu in several layers of paper towels; press lightly to remove excess moisture.
- Cut tofu into cubes. Set aside.
- Heat oil in large frying pan over medium heat.
- Add garlic and cook for 2 minutes.
- Stir in tofu, broccoli or spinach, carrots, green pepper, celery, onion, and cabbage.
- Add 2 tablespoon of water. Cover and cook 10 to 15 minutes until tender.
- Add small amounts of water as needed throughout the cooking period.
- Add soy sauce (if desired).
Yields about 4 servings
Source: Cornell University Cooperative Extension – New York City Nutrition & Health Programs Recipe Collection, 2006.
Do you want to print a copy of this recipe?