1 cup all-purpose flour
1 cup skim milk
1/2 teaspoon salt
* Note: Wash apples, celery and carrots before dicing and grating.
- Preheat oven to 450° F. Grease six muffin cups or 6-ounce custard cups.
- Crack eggs into large mixing bowl. Beat slightly to mix.
- Measure flour, milk, and salt into eggs. Beat just until smooth (don’t overbeat).
- Fill cups about half full.
- Bake 20 minutes. Decrease oven temperature to 350° F; bake 20 minutes longer. Immediately remove popovers from cups; serve hot.
Yields about 6 servings
Source: Cooking Up Fun! Muffins & More – Cornell University Cooperative Extension
Do you want to print a copy of this recipe?