Vegetable cooking spray
1 acorn squash, 4” diameter
Pinch of salt
2 tablespoons tub margarine
3 tablespoons brown sugar
1 teaspoon cinnamon
¼ teaspoon nutmeg
¼ teaspoon ground ginger
- Preheat oven to 400. Cover baking sheet with foil and coat foil with vegetable cooking spray.
- Wash squash and cut in half lengthwise. Remove seeds and cut into ½ inch slices.
- Place squash on baking sheet. Sprinkle with salt.
- Melt margarine. Add brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, and ginger.
- Spread margarine mixture on squash.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes, or until tender.
Yields about 5 servings
Source: Adapted from GET FRESH! Division of Nutritional Sciences, Cornell University and Cornell Cooperative Extension, 2001