2 large eggs
½ cup fat-free milk
½ teaspoon vanilla extract
6 slices whole-wheat bread
Light syrup or fruit toppings (optional)
- Preheat griddle over medium heat, or set an electric frying pan at 375ºF.
- Put eggs, milk and vanilla in a shallow bowl and beat with a fork until well mixed.
- Grease the griddle or pan with nonstick spray.
- Dip both sides of bread, one slice at a time, in the egg mixture, and cook on the hot griddle or frying pan.
- Cook on one side until golden brown. Turn bread over to cook the other side. It will take about 4 minutes on each side.
Yields about 6 servings
Source: Loving Your Family, Feeding Their Future – The Healthy Family Guide Book (USDA)
Do you want to print a copy of this recipe?