2 cups masa harina*
1 teaspoon salt
1 ½ cups warm water
*Masa harina is a fine flour made from corn that has been specially treated with a lime solution.
- Combine masa harina and salt in a large bowl.
- Gradually add water and mix with hands until mixture forms soft dough.
- Form dough into 15 equal balls.
- Using a rolling pin or tortilla press, flatten each ball into a thick 6-inch circle.
- Cover tortillas with a moistened towel until ready to cook.
- Fry tortillas in a dry pan over medium-high heat for about 3 minutes, turning once.
- Remove from pan to plate. Serve warm.
Yields about 15 servings (1 tortilla per serving)
Source: Cooking Up Fun! Muffins & More – Cornell University Cooperative Extension
Do you want to print a copy of this recipe?