2 tablespoon white flour
1 teaspoon Cajun seasoning
1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into ¾ inch strips
1 ½ cups corn flake cereal, crushed
2 eggs, lightly beaten
- Crush cereal, lace cornflakes in plastic bag and gently press the cereal until you have finely crushed cornflakes.
- Pre-heat oven to 350° F.
- Lightly grease baking sheet
- Place flour and Cajun seasoning in a re-sealable plastic bag.
- Place chicken, 3-4 strips at a time, in bag. Seal and shake to coat chicken. Remove chicken and lay on a plate.
- Beat eggs and place in a shallow pan.
- Dip floured chicken strips in egg and then place in corn flake bag and shake to coat chicken evenly.
- Place chicken on lightly greased baking sheet.
- Bake in 350° F oven for 15 minutes, or until baked through and crispy on outside.
Yields about 5 servings
Source: Recipe from Cornell University Cooperative Extension-Seneca County Archives
Do you want to print a copy of this recipe?