2 medium sweet potatoes
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 teaspoon salt
¼ cup apple sauce
2 tablespoons crushed pineapple
1 tablespoon apricot jam or orange marmalade
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Wash hands and potatoes thoroughly.
- Carefully puncture holes in the potatoes with fork and place in small bowl with some water.
- Microwave on high for 3 minutes, then turn the potatoes over and microwave again for another 3 minutes.
- Slice potatoes horizontally into chip sized pieces.
- Place flat on an oiled baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil.
- Sprinkle on salt.
- Flip potatoes over and then repeat the procedure.
- Place in 400 degree oven.
- Turn potatoes over every two minutes.
- Combine applesauce, pineapple, and jelly in a small dish or saucer. Mix. It’s ready for dipping.
- Chips are done when browned, about 20 minutes..
Yields about 4 servings
Source: Eat Fit (University of California Cooperative Extension)
Do you want to print a copy of this recipe?