1 pound raw pecans
¼ cup low sodium tamari or soy sauce
- Preheat oven to 300°F.
- Divide 1 pound pecans evenly onto two pie plates.
- Roast pecans in oven for 15 minutes.
- Stir pecans and roast for another 15 minutes.
- Turn oven temperature down to 150°F.
- Drizzle 2 Tbsp. Tamari per pie plate and stir with spatula to coat nuts thoroughly.
- Return nuts to oven, stirring every 20 minutes until pecans are dry.
- Store in airtight container.
Note: If humidity is high – you can place tamari pecans back in the oven on low heat to dry them out again. Raw pecans are best stored in an airtight container in the freezer until ready for use.
Yields about 16 servings
Source: Recipe developed by Holly Gump, Finger Lakes Nutrition Region
Do you want to print a copy of this recipe?