3 Tablespoons Sugar
1 Teaspoon Cinnamon
2 Apples (2 cups chopped)
⅓ Cup Low-fat Vanilla Yogurt
4 Medium (6-inch) Flour Tortillas
3 Teaspoons Vegetable Oil
* Note: Wash apples before chopping.
- Mix sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl. Pour 1 teaspoon of oil in a saucer.
- Wash and chop apples into small pieces. Place in medium bowl.
- Add yogurt to apples, stirring to combine.
- Lay tortilla flat on plate. Use fingers to lightly coat top side with oil. Sprinkle it with a spoonful of cinnamon sugar mixture.
- Turn tortilla over so un-oiled side is up. Put 1/4 cup of the apple mixture, on half of the tortilla, folding the other tortilla half over the mixture.
- Heat 2 teaspoons oil in frying pan on medium.
- Place folded tortilla in pan and cook about 1 minute, or until lightly browned. Flip to cook second side. (if oil starts to smoke, remove pan from burner for a minute and then continue.)
- Remove from pan and cut in half.
- Repeat with remaining tortillas.
Yields about 8 servings
Source: GET FRESH! Division of Nutritional Sciences, Cornell University and Cornell Cooperative Extension, 2001.
Do you want to print a copy of this recipe?